Re: the NVDA 2019.3 version of Screen Curtain

Tyler Spivey

If you want it on permanently, check the box from the Vision section of the preferences, or press the key you've assigned to it twice.

The documentation doesn't explain what gets saved when, so we have to experiment a bit. The help text for the gesture is useful, though.

On 2/10/2020 9:31 AM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
I really like the Screen Curtain addon and am glad it is now incorporated into NVDA, however ... I don't like that it is only enabled temporarily until the next restart. Unless I intentionally want to show somebody something on my laptop I would sooner the screen is not visible to anybody walking past.

Given that there is a setting to disable the warning notification about the screen being blank, is it not possible to allow the screen curtain to re-start when NVDA re-starts? This info on the old Screen Curtain addon page suggests it was intended to be possible: in case screen curtain is active when NVDA starts, a tone will be heard.

I was always happy with NVDA beeping to signify that Screen Curtain was active as NVDA started. It is a bit of a nuisance to need to remember that screen curtain has not automatically started and that I need to use the input gesture I have configured in order to activate the screen curtain.

Giles