Re: Donation Too nerve wracking

Gene

You are talking about implementation.  You didn't comment on the process of filling out the actual fields of the form, which is what I was discussing.  If implementation is poor, that should be addressed.

From: Jackie
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Actually, the form IMO, is a little bit difficult to use, & I am a
professional at this, both as a website hosting provider, designer,
developer, & technician as well as a computer repair technician
trained in computer forensics. So if you want to comment that it's a
question of skill level in my case, then fire away, but... The problem
is that once you pick a custom donation, go to paypal, & donate,
you're not returned to a page w/a download link/button. What I do is
just close everything out, go back to the check for updates page in
the NVDA help menu, then skip the donation & download & install the
update. But it is a little clunky, & I could see where some could find
the whole process confusing. If nothing else, it takes far more time
than it should.

I also think that some folks would find an edit field as opposed to a
spin edit field as a part of the fieldset for the custom donation
radio button less confusing. I understand the number can just be
edited, (or spun, according to operator preference), but that's not
something everyone understands.