From: Jackie
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 3:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Actually, the form IMO, is a little bit difficult to use, & I am a
professional at this, both as a website hosting provider, designer,
developer, & technician as well as a computer repair technician
trained in computer forensics. So if you want to comment that it's a
question of skill level in my case, then fire away, but... The problem
is that once you pick a custom donation, go to paypal, & donate,
you're not returned to a page w/a download link/button. What I do is
just close everything out, go back to the check for updates page in
the NVDA help menu, then skip the donation & download & install the
update. But it is a little clunky, & I could see where some could find
the whole process confusing. If nothing else, it takes far more time
than it should.

I also think that some folks would find an edit field as opposed to a
spin edit field as a part of the fieldset for the custom donation
radio button less confusing. I understand the number can just be
edited, (or spun, according to operator preference), but that's not
something everyone understands.

On 2/10/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Please consider the context and see what message is below the one you are
responding to. the comment had nothing to do with your post. it was
directed to another list member who made a comment about the form.

In addition, it isn't a question of presenting skill challenges. If
someone
has problems working with radio buttons, they will have problems on all
sorts of forms where they are used.

There is nothing on the form that is exceptionally difficult. In my
opinion, the answer is not to dumb down the form. The answer is to
present
a link with instructions for those who don't know how to work with the
form.
Doing everything for people leaves them unable to do anything. Teaching
people increases confidence, increases their ability to do more, and will
help them in the future. And that's why I sent a teaching message.