Re: NVDA 2019.3 released

Quentin Christensen

Hi Brian,

I'd be interested in the log if you still have it.  They should be in the %temp% directory - the log for either the currently running, or most recently running session of NVDA, is nvda.log,  The log from the time before that is nvda-old.log

Which version were you updating from?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 2:14 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Just thought I'd post this as it is a first for me:  NVDA would not update from the "in NVDA" update process.  It failed and said to see the log.

I downloaded the new installer and that worked perfectly, and without having to uninstall the existing NVDA installation.  I probably should have posted this before going that route, as I believe I've probably now overwritten the log.  However, if the log is appended to, and anyone on the development team would like for me to send them a copy, just let me know.  I won't likely be using NVDA at all additionally today so the log is going to remain however it happens to be at the moment.

As a completely unrelated aside, can anyone tell me why NVDA announces, "Switch to USB Dialog Adapter Combo Box," as the first thing after starting virtually every time?  I've grown used to it, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it thinks it has focus on such that this is what is announced.  And that quote is verbatim.

       ~ Madonna

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager