Re: ConsoleTimer

Arlene

I did not see it either on the addons page.  Clipspeak is still there but it’s the 2017 version witch is not compatible with this newer version of NVDA. Nor is  the Audio Themes addon.  I liked it. Has there been updates to those addons?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gary
Sent: February 10, 2020 1:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ConsoleTimer

I don't know if anyone uses ConsoleTimer by Derek riemer

(https://github.com/derekriemer/consoleTimer), but I'm assuming it's

dead based on the fact that I couldn't even find it in the official

addons web site for NVDA.  Does anyone know the status of this addon

or if there is an alternative?  Here's what it does:

"When using command lines over ssh, usually, there's network lag. This

lag is expected, however, the way NVDA handles cursor movement is not

friendly with lag in terminals, because this operation is a

synchrinous opperation. This causes NVDA to wrongly report the wrong

letter when moving to another letter with the arrow keys. For example,

if the user is on the p of grep, and they press right arrow, they may

hear "t" instead of space. This is due to NVDA not waiting long enough

to actually properly handle this cursor movement. This addon was

written because I do lots of server administration, and I wanted

cursor navigation to work.

TLDR usage instructions

When in a console, if NVDA is missing or repeating letters as you move

around, simply press nvda+shift+pageup to teach it to be more patient,

or if it is too laggy, press nvda+shift+page down to teach it to be

less patient. This addon will have no affect outside terminals, and

the patience changes by .01 for every keypress.

How to make this work with custom terminals"

Thanks,

Gary