Re: NVDA with Password

Dave Grossoehme

Good Morning:  If you press the enter key on your login password and it isn't correct, you will receive an error.  You will have to the microsoft web site to receive a key.  They call this a code, which will be sent to you.  You have to go to your information and enter the code to correct.  Otherwise you will receive an error that your password isn't correct everytime you login to the computer. or your account.  If you have the computer set to login to your account you may not even able to sign into your account depending on how the account is set up in the computer.  This is why I ask for other peoples ideas here.

Dave

On 2/11/2020 10:29 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Why not just hit home to go to the begiign of the field? Or select all and retype? I personally do not see an issue here, and I actually never knew it did that as I usually don't mess up when typing my password that requires i stand on my head. Lol!

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 11 Feb 2020, at 8:08, Dave Grossoehme wrote:

Good Morning:  With the February first version of NVDA you could hear a blank if you went past the beginning of the stars in your password field.  This is the field for when signing into the computer that I'm referring to.  With the new version you hear nothing and it's like you can't go any farther back.  This blank help to know when you are at the beginning of the field.  How does anyone else feel about this?  This word of blank help me know that I'm at the beginning of the field especially if a mistake had been made.  This tells me that I can start again to enter my information.  As it is now with an insiders version of windows 64 bit addition of 2004 it might be different than anyone else.

Dave