Re: how to disable announcing of battery charging/not charging

Tyler Spivey

Pop into the python console and paste this in, pressing enter after:

import winKernel;winKernel.GetSystemPowerStatus = lambda x: None

The worst that will happen is that NVDA will break, requiring a restart. No big deal.

On 2/11/2020 12:32 PM, Samuel Kacer wrote:
Hello,

my laptop seems to be going a bit haywire. Every couple seconds the battery goes from charging to not charging and back again. NVDA announcing this each time is extremely annoying.

I tried checking NVDA settings, but couldn't find anything. Is it possible to disable NVDA automatically announcing when battery starts/stops charging?

Much appreciated,
Sam