Re: how to disable announcing of battery charging/not charging

Quentin Christensen

I'd concur with wanting to get to the root cause - stopping NVDA reporting whether the battery is charging or not will only silence the symptom, not fix the problem.

Check your battery, cable, transformer and power point.  Make sure everything is connected tightly etc - if you can replace any one of those things conveniently, that can at least rule that item out (eg I expect you should be able to plug it into a different power point to see if it keeps happening, which will at least confirm the powerpoint is ok).

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:49 AM Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:

Pop into the python console and paste this in, pressing enter after:

import winKernel;winKernel.GetSystemPowerStatus = lambda x: None

The worst that will happen is that NVDA will break, requiring a restart. No big deal.

On 2/11/2020 12:32 PM, Samuel Kacer wrote:
Hello,

my laptop seems to be going a bit haywire. Every couple seconds the battery goes from charging to not charging and back again. NVDA announcing this each time is extremely annoying.

I tried checking NVDA settings, but couldn't find anything. Is it possible to disable NVDA automatically announcing when battery starts/stops charging?

Much appreciated,
Sam

--
Quentin Christensen