Re: special characters and punctuation feedback while typing in v2019.3.1

Rui Fontes

Ok, then it is a different problem...

Rui Fontes

Às 12:52 de 12/02/2020, Martin Thomas Swaton escreveu:

Hi Rui,

Are you talking when writing in a browser, in Skype and so on?

it does not matter where - right now I write in thunderbird, I also tryed firefox and Notebad.

It is a global behaviour

best,

Martin

Rui Fontes

Às 11:00 de 12/02/2020, Martin Thomas Swaton escreveu:
Hi,

I searched for this problem, but could not find a topic on it ... so if this already was asked, I am sorry...

Since the update the feedback of special characters and punctuation while typing has changed when you set the feedback to "words" and disable "characters".

normally special characters and punctuation was spoken emedeately on their keypress together with any other characters, that have been typed before.

example of old behaviour:

type: a.

feedback: a dot
a.aa a.a.

new behavour:

type: a.

feedback: a

this is very problematic as you now do not get any feedback on typed special characters and punctuation. Try to type a smiley, you won't hear it. just silence.

Tried that with eloquence and espeak. So the speech/voice does not matter.

Hope this can be fixed

and additionally I would suggest to add a option/choice to choose wether special characters (and numbers) should be spoken emedeately on their keypress or together with other characters as whole words. So users could decide, which they prefer, as there where discussions in the past about that.

but right now it would be important to get back any feedback for theese special characters and punctuation.

cheers

Martin