Re: special characters and punctuation feedback while typing in v2019.3.1

Martin Thomas Swaton

Hello,

as anounced I looked up the version of NVDA where it last worked correctly:

nvda v2019.2.1 gives the feedback as expected.

a "." is spoken emedeately. Other "words" are spoken on space or at the keypress of such special characters.

In V2019.3.1 special characters still trigger speaking of words, but are not spoken themselves.

This should be fixed as soon as possible as typing in word mode is no longer manageable.

cheers

Martin

Am 12.02.2020 um 13:50 schrieb Martin Thomas Swaton:

Hi again,

the reboot did not change anything - as expected.

@Ralf I had 2019.2 (do not know which one exactly) installed on this computer (and still have it on my notebook) and there it works as expected.

   when I get back home, I can look at the version of nvda where it worked last.

cheers

Martin

Am 12.02.2020 um 13:04 schrieb Ralf Kefferpuetz:

Hi Quentin,

I understood Martin that he discovers that with typed chars off and typed words on. And that can beconfirmed at my end, but it was the same under 2019.2.1

Cheers,

  Ralf