Latest update to nvda Did not Even Sorta' Work.

Martin McCormick

I downloaded the update . The fanfare sounded and then
... and then ... Deafening silence

There is nothing remarkable about this computer except it
is amd64 architecture and the previous versions did work well.
It is also new as of February of 2019 and is not wanting for
resources.

I was able to get Narrator going and used a 2018 version
of nvda saved on a thumb drive and installed that for now. There
was 0 audio from this newest version.

Here is information about the computer in question:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Organization: HP
Product ID: 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
Original Install Date: 4/3/2019, 7:15:28 AM
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 23 Model 17 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1600 Mhz
BIOS Version: AMI F.15, 7/24/2018
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Total Physical Memory: 11,176 MB
Available Physical Memory: 7,654 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 12,904 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 9,071 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 3,833 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Hotfix(s): 13 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB4532937
[02]: KB4465065
[03]: KB4486153
[04]: KB4493510
[05]: KB4499728
[06]: KB4504369
[07]: KB4509095
[08]: KB4512577
[09]: KB4512937
[10]: KB4516115
[11]: KB4521862
[12]: KB4523204
[13]: KB4534273

I'm sure glad I saved the older nvda file as it restored
functionality for now.

Martin McCormick