Re: Restoring default speech dictionary and symbol pronunciation?

Gene

You can delete all the  speech dictionary files.  There is a folder called speechDicts.  In my portable version, it is in the userConfig folder.  It may be in that folder in the installed version as well.  Open the folder and delete all the files.

I don't know how you reset symbol pronounciation to the defaults.

Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:41 PM
Subject: [nvda] Restoring default speech dictionary and symbol pronunciation?

Hi, I have looked around online and tried some experimenting but I can’t seem to figure this out. To make a long story short, over the years I’ve kind of messed up my symbol pronunciation and speech dictionaries and want to just start over with both of them. Is there any way to do this short of completely re-installing NVDA and losing all my other custom settings?