Re: Restoring default speech dictionary and symbol pronunciation?

Tyler Spivey

First, find your user config directory.
To get there, go to Run (windows+r) and type:
%appdata%\nvda
if you have an installed version, or find userconfig if portable.

Now, I'll explain what's what.
In there you have speechDicts. Delete that and your speech dictionaries go away, or you can go in there and delete individual ones for voices or the like.
The other file in here important in this case is symbols-en.dic. These are symbols for English. Delete that and they'll be reset.

Restart NVDA after you do this.

There really should be an option in NVDA to reset both of these, but there isn't.

On 2/12/2020 6:41 PM, Luke Robinett wrote:
Hi, I have looked around online and tried some experimenting but I can’t seem to figure this out. To make a long story short, over the years I’ve kind of messed up my symbol pronunciation and speech dictionaries and want to just start over with both of them. Is there any way to do this short of completely re-installing NVDA and losing all my other custom settings?