Re: EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Christo

In the next day or so maybe earlier hopefully I will  upload   it to my website what is done so far.  There is about 3 pages left to edit   then upload it in a html format to my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.netThe page the tutorial will be linked to will be the nvda tutorials for other programs page.

I was not sure how much to put into it it is more to get some one up and running like i did with power point 2010.

I can let you know when it goes up and what it is called. There is about 10 pages or is it more plus shortcuts for power word 1010 and 2013 which will be linked to a dropbox account.

Gene nz

On 4/08/2016 7:11 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Geen

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll test it. As far as your tutorial on Word goes, I’d appreciate it if you can send me a copy. You can mail it to my personal mailing address, Christo.vorster@...

Thanks again

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, 02 August 2016 11:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

Hi Christo

I have the same version of microsoft word. I also tried the same sequence for word 2010, but not the earlier version.

I can confirm what you said for the 2010 version. some times it works and other times it does not. It seems to be on how quick or slow I do it wheather it wants to do it or not.

the word around that seem to work is a couple of extra steps.

Press the ALT key + letter N, then H. This will land you on a bland header. Shift tab a couple of times until you get to the part where it says edit the header then press the enter key make your changes then press enter key then the escape key. Doing it this way I can edit the header and change it if I want to .

I am learning my self how to do it so have been putting together a basic tutorial on using the basics of word and putting in a header and footer and editing them is part of it.

Hopefully the above helps.

I did not try it with a master snapshot it might of been fixed in that?:?

Gene nz

On 2/08/2016 5:22 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Group

We are using Office 2010 with NVDA 2016.2.1 for training at our college.

We have a problem with editing a header in MS Word. If you press the Office 2010 sequence, ALT, N, H, E, NVDA falls silent. It refuses to speak even after you pressed escape. If you make use of the 2003 sequence, ALT+V, H, there is no problem.

Could someone please assist us?

Thank you and regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.