From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 14:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

Christo, my guess is this comes down to it not being that NVDA is causing the hassles here?

But, on the other hand, it's possible that this could relate to a form of dictionary entry that's changed across versions, or something, relating to different voice implementations?

Who knows - not me.

But, on that note, just added a voice-specific dictionary entry for an MS voice to pronounce e-acute as just that = E acute, and, it seemed to work when I then typed the character, while working with MS George?

And, on a total side note, I, on the other hand, have always preferred robotic voices when it comes to technological interaction...LOL!

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-02-13 01:26 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi

At the time I posted my question regarding the ASCII-code, I used the one core voices. I tried it with SAPPI5 as well, and they also don’t sy anything else but, eg, e.

I accept that ESpeak NG might say the correct letter, but, call me full of nonsense, I haven’t found one of the ESpek NG voices that satisfy me.

I used to use Eloquence.

I suppose, if I don’t want to use the ESpeak voices, I just have to bare with what I have.

It would be nice if the NVDA developers could try to solve this problem in a next upgrade.

Regarding “copy and paste:, wouldn’t it be possible to make that add-on a built-in feature of NVDA?

Regards

On 2020-02-13 11:17 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi List

I have another problem since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3.

In Afrikaans we regularly make use of the ASCII codes for ‘accents’, ‘pounds’, ‘euros’ and much more.

To access the ASCII codes, we use the ALT-key plus the numeric keypad. I did everything, as I usually did, turned on the numeric-keypad, held down ALT and typed the number sequence.

Nothing happened. I tried it several times, with no success. Previously NVDA read the coded letter.

I also, previously wrote regarding the addon announcing copy and paste. I tried to update the addon, with no success. Can someone please hel?

Regards