Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Christo Vorster

Hi Jacob

I tend to agree, on all counts.

Quentin madesome suggestions, I wil try them out.

Have a nice day

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 14:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

Christo, my guess is this comes down to it not being that NVDA is causing the hassles here?

But, on the other hand, it's possible that this could relate to a form of dictionary entry that's changed across versions, or something, relating to different voice implementations?

Who knows - not me.

But, on that note, just added a voice-specific dictionary entry for an MS voice to pronounce e-acute as just that = E acute, and, it seemed to work when I then typed the character, while working with MS George?

And, on a total side note, I, on the other hand, have always preferred robotic voices when it comes to technological interaction...LOL!

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-02-13 01:26 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi

At the time I posted my question regarding the ASCII-code, I used the one core voices. I tried it with SAPPI5 as well, and they also don’t sy anything else but, eg, e.

I accept that ESpeak NG might say the correct letter, but, call me full of nonsense, I haven’t found one of the ESpek NG voices that satisfy me.

I used to use Eloquence.

I suppose, if I don’t want to use the ESpeak voices, I just have to bare with what I have.

It would be nice if the NVDA developers could try to solve this problem in a next upgrade.

Regarding “copy and paste:, wouldn’t it be possible to make that add-on a built-in feature of NVDA?

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 12:56

Also, make sure you have restarted the computer after updating.  Sometimes random things misbehave in that interim time.

With Clipspeak, it has been updated, you can download the new version from: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:29 PM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Christo, am going to ask a silly question here, since just tested out exactly that, and, it worked fine.

What voice engine are you using?  Ask that, since, the MS one core voices will just read out, for example, the letter E with an accent on it as E, but, using eSpeak-NG, it tells me the difference between e and é (that second one is e-acute, typed right now using alt + numpad-130).

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-02-13 11:17 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi List

I have another problem since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3.

In Afrikaans we regularly make use of the ASCII codes for ‘accents’, ‘pounds’, ‘euros’ and much more.

To access the ASCII codes, we use the ALT-key plus the numeric keypad. I did everything, as I usually did, turned on the numeric-keypad, held down ALT and typed the number sequence.

Nothing happened. I tried it several times, with no success. Previously NVDA read the coded letter.

I also, previously wrote regarding the addon announcing copy and paste. I tried to update the addon, with no success. Can someone please hel?

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 18:55

And, with regard to NVDA Remote and NVDA 2019.3.X, quoting Rui Fontes from earlier today:

Almost all add-ons are already compatible with NVDA 2019.3...

You can get a beta version of remote add-on at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oswq834340ocd4c/Remote.nvda-addon?dl=1

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.