Re: Remote 2.3 released.

Daniel Hawkins

Hello guys, while we are talking about this subject, I have not yet updated to 2019.3.1 just yet. But the current version I am using, when I hit F11, it says controlling remote machine, then i press F11 again, it says controling local machine. when I hear remote and local, my hering is not the best so I sometimes have to press F11 repeadly to understand it. Is there a way to change that when it say something else, like the older method when it say Remote  or Local only?
Daniel Hawkins

On Feb 12, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Modern doesn't mean now in that context.  it means writing with certain characteristics, thhough they may vary, but Stravinsky would be considered modern and Rite of Spring was composed early in the Twentieth Century.

Modern literature would refer to a good deal of writing in the Twentieth century.

In the context of computer programs, which is a different context with different usage, modern NVDA implies that older versions are far behind the times and inferior.  Not necessarily, depending on how the user uses the version or versions .

I still use a quite old version of NVDA because I don't need a newer one with the programs and Windows versions I use and it does certain things more smoothly, such as how it works with my e-mail program.  I don't consider it not to be modern.  It is an old version, which has very different connotations.

Gene
----- Original Message ------
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Remote 2.3 released.

I like modern better. Youhave modden classical music not current classical music for example, moddern meaning, in this case, now.

Take care

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 12 Feb 2020, at 9:12, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,
"Current" makes more sense... at least for now. There will come a time when we will update to a newer Python 3.x release, and that'll change what "current" means by then.
Cheers,
Joseph