Re: NVDA froze

Gene

You can try running another screen-reader and then shutting down NVVDA in the Windows Task Manager.  However, I don't know if doing so might, at times, freeze the computer where it wasn't before and thus making an improper shutdown necessary.

While improper shutdowns usually do no damage, they can on occasion.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA froze

Hi:

I updated to NVDA 2019.3.1 a couple of days ago and while responding to an
email in Outlook 2010, it froze and did not respond to any key strokes. I
ended up shutting down the computer and restarting it, switching to another
screen reader to write this message. I do not know if a log would help
pinpoint the problem. What other workaround might there be to restart NVDA
and get the keys moving again?

Cordelia