Number and Abbrieviation Processing

Gary

I don't know if this is two issues or one and if it's something that
can be done within NVDA. I use the Windows core voices synthesizer,
although it occurs with the Microsoft SAPI synth as well. I do not
want dates or abbreviations to be processed. For example, the latest
version of NVDA, 2019.03.01 is read as "March 1, 2019" instead of
"2019 dot 03 dot 01". Additionally, I am hearing hello.pl as "hello
dot place" instead of "hello dot p l." Obviously, I know I can use
the dictionary to teach NVDA to read "pl" as "p l" but there seems to
be dozens of these abbreviations. I look at software versions all day
so the first example is driving me crazy.

Is there a way within NVDA to say ignore date processing and
abbreviation processing? I definitely have been unsuccessful finding
how this would be done with the synthesizer software. If there is a
synthesizer that has this level of control that won't hit my wallet
too hard and actually has a real sounding voice, I'd be interested in
going that route if it's my only option.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Gary