Re: NVDA froze

Quentin Christensen

Hi Cordelia,

A log, information about the programs / versions running, and steps to reproduce could all help.

A couple of other things which can help:

- If you've recently updated NVDA or any other program, make sure you have restarted the computer as this can solve random bugs which happen in between installing or updating software, and restarting (it's one of the reasons most software, including NVDA, recommends restarting after installing).
- Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled: Press NVDA+Q, then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:
Hi:

I updated to NVDA 2019.3.1 a couple of days ago and while responding to an
email in Outlook 2010, it froze and did not respond to any key strokes. I
ended up shutting down the computer and restarting it, switching to another
screen reader to write this message. I do not know if a log would help
pinpoint the problem. What other workaround might there be to restart NVDA
and get the keys moving again?

Cordelia

--
Quentin Christensen