Re: NVDA froze

Felix G.

Hello,
technically, what exactly would constitute an irrecoverable freeze of
NVDA? Isn't the watchdog in place to prevent that exact thing? Or are
there calls which might potentially freeze but which the watchdog is
not guarding?
Best,
Felix

Am Fr., 14. Feb. 2020 um 02:44 Uhr schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

The command control alt n, the command used to start NVDA will restart it, but I would think there are times when it can't, depending on how it freezes.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:

Hi:

I updated to NVDA 2019.3.1 a couple of days ago and while responding to an
email in Outlook 2010, it froze and did not respond to any key strokes. I
ended up shutting down the computer and restarting it, switching to another
screen reader to write this message. I do not know if a log would help
pinpoint the problem. What other workaround might there be to restart NVDA
and get the keys moving again?

Cordelia

--
Quentin Christensen