Re: Bugs in Chrome with NVDA 2019.3

Arlene

That’s cause I broke it! Lol! I hope that gets fixed!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: February 14, 2020 5:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Bugs in Chrome with NVDA 2019.3

Hello,

I updated to NVDA 2019.3, and sites on Chrome are broken. These problems did not happen with NVDA 2019.2.1:

I am unable to look at publications on the following site after hitting enter on " + Conference Papers":

https://www.ski.org/lab/coughlan-lab

When someone calls me on Google Hangouts, I am unable to hear the "Hang up" or "Answer call" button when I tab around.

Often, on almost every website, when I click a link, the screen does not refresh for some of the links.

For example:

https://lenovo.com/

Click on "Laptops". Visually the screen refreshes, but the screen doesn't refresh for NVDA until I switch windows and come back.

On Google Docs and Google Sheets, when a sheet or doc opens with braille support disabled, NVDA says "blank" before every item.

In Gmail, sometimes when I open a message, the message is blank but for a blank clickable element on mail.google.com. I need to repeatedly refresh the screen for the content to show to NVDA. The content is there visually.

I am unable to open PDFs in Gmail in the default viewer.

Often the buttons for attachments show as disabled, but when I click on "Download", even if it says it's disabled, the document downloads.

These are just a handful of problems I have encountered.

I'm using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Thank you,