Re: LAMBDA 1.3.0 #addonrelease

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 01:01 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
we must remember that not all authors are well versed in English idioms
Which is, at its heart, utterly beside the point.  I don't expect anyone to write documentation in a language they don't speak, just the one they do.  From all appearances there exists a cadre of folks who already volunteer time to do translations, and if I'm mistaken about that then such really should be cultivated.

I am entirely monolingual, and I can appreciate what it is to be monolingual no matter what your native language happens to be.  But if you write what's needed in that language, it can certainly be translated into however many others are needed where those who speak both languages can be found.

Even "just OK, but not absolutely perfect" translation from one language into another is preferable to a complete dearth of information.  If the only documentation for a given add-on were to be presented in other than English (in my case) I'd happily use Google Translate or Worldlingo translator to extract the major gist.  It wouldn't be the first time I've had to go that route, and it certainly won't be the last.

       ~ Madonna