Re: Speech on demand addon for NVDA, and a bug in Microsoft office

Hi Quentin
speech on demand works similar to Toggle Speech Mode command in NVDA. As you know, it'll temporary turns speech off it case such as recordign streaming.
abdul muhamin, press NVDA+S for that feature. We have three mode: speak, beeps and talks.
Let try
Cuong!

What would such a speech on demand add-on do?

Are you using any add-ons or anything else?  I can't replicate the read only issue with Word myself.  I'll keep thinking on what else it could be.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 11:08 PM abdul muhamin <abdulmuhamin600@...> wrote:

Hi guys, is there a speech on demand like jaws, available for NVDA? I think it will be very useful in some of the apps.

More over, I’m using ms office 2016 pro, with latest NVDA, and I’ve enabled UI automation, after opening any document in word, NVDA says read-only before reading a line, I think it’s a bug, and needed to be fix, because with UI automation enabled, NVDA response more better.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager