Re: Editing of Windows onecore voices

John Isige

Also, assuming she's talking about the flight simulator thingy, it's
simviation, with an 's', not a 'c'. OneCore pronounces the version
starting with an 's' correctly. It does indeed pronounce the version
with a 'c' pretty strangely, I'm honestly curious what processing makes
it do that because it makes no sense. But it's probably due to a
misspelling anyway, and if it's not, yes, dictionaries. NVDA even uses
synthesizer-specific ones for exactly this sort of situation.

On 2/17/2020 11:28, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

cimviation

I can't find that word in any dictionary, but that's beside the point,
as there's lots of jargon that doesn't appear in many general purpose
dictionaries.

I can't think of a single synthesizer that pronounces everything
correctly.  And that's but one of the reasons for the dictionary
feature of most screen readers where you can substitute some phonetic
spelling that, somehow, the synthesizer does produce correctly that's
unrelated to the actual spelling of a given word.  I've had to do
trial and error until I found a letter pattern that gave me the actual
pronunciation I wanted for a low frequency word.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

       ~ Madonna