Re: The period key not speaking

Quentin Christensen

When you say NVDA does not read the word "period", do you mean at all?  As in if I wrote in fifth period I have math, it would read "in fifth I have math"?

If that is the case, it sounds like you have a dictionary entry to replace the word period with nothing.  In that case, press NVDA+N, then P then D then ENTER (we'll start with the default dictionary - if this doesn't work, try the same thing but instead of pressing ENTER here, down arrow once to "Voice dictionary" just in case).  Arrow through the options and see what you have.  If you have any you aren't sure of, press ALT+R to remove them (or ALT+E to edit them and fix them).

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:49 AM Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

Since I upgraded to 2019.3.1 the key for period is not speaking. There
is no issue with other punctuation keys.
Additionally NVDA does not read the word 'period'.
What could be the problem? Any ideas?

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified