Re: Editing of Windows onecore voices

Gene

You'd have to try.  We don't know how you are spelling the corrected spelling if you are using the default dictionary.  But NVDA has a voice specific dictionary.  You can correct the pronounciation using the dictionary for that specific ssynthesizer.

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing of Windows onecore voices

Can I add simviation some how to the 1core dictionary and not have it blow up any other synths I use, that's the only set of voices that cannot pronounce simviation correctly

By the way to know what that is google simviation's website. Anyway, my question still stand, I hope I can do this as we had a fun fight on twitch as I thought theeperson was spelling it wrong lol!

to subscribe to the feed click here

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

On 17 Feb 2020, at 9:28, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
cimviation
I can't find that word in any dictionary, but that's beside the point, as there's lots of jargon that doesn't appear in many general purpose dictionaries.

I can't think of a single synthesizer that pronounces everything correctly.  And that's but one of the reasons for the dictionary feature of most screen readers where you can substitute some phonetic spelling that, somehow, the synthesizer does produce correctly that's unrelated to the actual spelling of a given word.  I've had to do trial and error until I found a letter pattern that gave me the actual pronunciation I wanted for a low frequency word.

       ~ Madonna