toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
No there is no pr for this one.
But I strongly recommend to contribute with a pull request when adding support for a new braille display. Adding support through an addon will not offer that much flexibility when structural changes are planned in the future. And many people will prefer a screen reader which supports the display nAtively, especially beginners or people with no internet conection.
von meinem iPhone gesendet
Am 19.02.2020 um 16:49 schrieb Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:
I don’t think we got this add-on unless one of the recent NVDA pull requests is for this braille display.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] Question to NV-Access developers
Hello Quentin and others
Our organisation, Blind SA, is the distributor for the BrailleMe in South Africa. Some months back we alerted Innovision, manufacturers of the BrailleMe, about the compatibility issue with Python 3. They gave us the assurance that the updated add-on would be ready by the time NVDA 2019.3 was released, but it has not happened yet.
We had a Skype conference with Shyam Shah of Innovision yesterday and addressed this matter with him. He informed us that they had submitted their add-on to the NVDA people who review and publish add-ons and that they were waiting to hear from you about the add-on.
I wish to hear from you if you can confirm that you have indeed received the add-on and are reviewing it and if you could give an estimate as to when it would be published. I told Shyam that I would check with you and will also forward your response to him.
I also posted this to the NVDA add-ons list. I received two responses there indicating that they don't know anything about an update to this add-on. One person wrote that the add-on might have been sent to you at NV-Access for possible inclusion in the NVDA core, but that is unlikely.
Do you know anything about an updated version of the add-on? This is becoming a real issue for those who have been using the BrailleMe with NVDA. I know the delay is not your fault; I am just trying to find out where the process is and when we could expect an update from the manufacturers.