NVDA and touch screens

Luke Robinett

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a touch screen monitor for my desktop PC and NVDA works as expected – when I touch the screen, it speaks aloud whatever I touch. However, I just got a new laptop that also has a touch screen and NVDA is not behaving that same way. When I touch my laptop’s screen, whatever I touch is activated immediately instead of spoken aloud. Does anyone know why this might be? I looked through NVDA’s settings but didn’t find anything. Strange that it would be different on these two machines.

Thanks,

Luke R.