Re: changes in speech in NVDA 2019.3

So far I only notice it with nvda.

On 26/02/2020 1:26 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
I wonder does it happen with other sounds as well, eg the start of a music track, the first ring of Skype, etc?

My guess is it's likely the driver - allowing the device to try to play sounds before it has properly initialised etc, and I doubt there is too much NVDA itself can do.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM David Csercsics <bleeblat@...> wrote:
I notice a similar issue with espeak where the beginning and end of
utterances will sometimes clip with both of my USB sound cards. One of
them is a AudioQuest DragonFly Red which is sometimes hooked to
headphones and sometimes studio monitors. When I first start NVDA the
first part of the startup tones gets clipped and the first syllable of
the first utterance from espeak is clipped off as well. This happens
less frequently with the Logitech h800 headphones I have, but even on
those it still occurs occasionally.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager