Using NVDA with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

Sandra Johnson <SLJohnson25@...>

Hello:

I am new to this list and using NVDA.  I had Jaws on my Windows 7 computer and only used NVDA occasionally.  Now that I have Windows 10 my Jaws is too old so I am relying on NVDA and the limited ability of Narrator.  I am having trouble with Chrome and Edge.  I have the latest version of NVDA, Edge and Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro computer.  When I go to Edge or Chrome I get a lot of unnecessary characters and symbols reading me font sizes, line spacing and other nonsense.  It does not happen with Internet Explorer only Edge and Chrome.  What NVDA settings do I have to change to make this stop happening?  Any help will be appreciated.  The Microsoft help desk was not able to solve this problem even after three calls.

Sandra Johnson

SLJohnson25@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10