re-appearance of an issue with Speech Viewer?

Giles Turnbull

Hi all, just wondering if anybody else is experienceing problems closing the speech viewer window since updating to 2019.3?

I remember a similar thread back in 2018 (10/19/18   #49366) and I don't know if Alt+F4 (which was suggested in the responses) wasn't working for Rechell Schwartz at that time ... it was for me .., but I am having an Alt+F4 failure with Speech Viewer as of the 2019.3 update.

The only way of closing Speech Viewwer down now in NVDA 2019.3 if I have it open, is to go into the Tools menu and deactivating it there ... which is much fiddlier than simply presing Alt+F4 when I'm already in the Speech Viewer.

I've checked it on both my laptop and tablet installations and both are behaving the same way. Both are running Win10 and NVDA 2019.3

Does anybody know if this is an intentional change?

Thanks,

Giles