Re: nvda command line switches

Sascha Cowley

Yes, NVDA does accept command line options. These are listed in section 16.1 of the user guide.

On 1/03/2020 10:14, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hi joseph.

I am changing the subject so its a bit more relevant.

Is there a list of command line switches for nvda somewhere and what do they do.

I wander if like in other? things like brousers like you could have something like.

nvda/safe.

nvda, no addons, default synth, default settings.

You could run nvda and fix anything broken that way.

What are the actual command switches? anyway?

On 1/03/2020 11:36 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

For everyone experiencing this issue, try:

  1. Open Run dialog (Windows+R).
  2. Type the following as exactly as shown:

?

nvda --disable-addons

?

This assumes you have NVDA installed. Press Enter after typing the above text and see if you can then open NVDA settings interface. If yes, it might be an add-on or two that?s at fault.

Cheers,

Joseph

?

?