Re: Itunes Library with NVDA

Mary Otten

Thanks, Jim. This is very strange, because yesterday, when I had artists selected and tabbed through, I never did see that list. But having read your message, I just tried it again and found the listing of artists by tabbing 5 times from the itunes library sidebar when artists was selected. I even had my sighted spouse watch yesterday as I tabbed through, and never got to the listing. No idea what I did differently today, but it is working now.

I will also try the column browser. That was my prefered view when I used iTunes on a Mac, but I hadn't found a way to access it on the pc. Will try David's suggestion, although as he noted, I too am having some issues accessing menues, knowing which menu I'm in, as the top levelĀ  items, file view etc, don't read out with NVDA.

Mary

On 3/1/2020 4:30 AM, Jim O'Sullivan wrote:
Hi Mary,
This works for me.
When artists is selected in the library sidebar tree view, I tab 7 times, NVDA says All Artists, then I can arrow down and I will have an alphabetical list of artists in my library.
I can also type the first letter or 2 of an artist name here and iTunes will move to the artist in the list.
I press enter and it will start playing tracks by that artist.
I can also press app key or shift+f10 when on an artists to get a context menu of options.
When tracks by an artist are playing, control+l will bring up a track list that I can move through with up and down arrows.

Jim

On 01/03/2020 01:21, Mary Otten wrote:
Hi all,

It has been a long time since I ventured to open iTunes on my pc. I have the latest version, recently installed, and I have the NVDA latest as well. I can tab and find a tree view that is my music library. and I can arrow down through sections like albums, artists, songs etc. But I can't find a way to get from my chosen selection, say artists, into the list of artists, so that I might pick one. I have tried right arrow to no avail. Tab yields nothing useful. Pressing enter starts a song by the first artist in the listing of artists. But I can't find a keyboard-centric way to actually get to that list. Any advice?

Mary