From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2020 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Numpad Issue With NVDA And Thunderbird

Hi Gene,

In one of the previous messages I sent, I postulated that I might have changed some settings that caused the issue in the first place. You can make quick changes to Let's see, I'll press each one of these as I write this:

insert + 2 speak typed characters toggle on/off
insert + keyboard 3 speak typed words toggle on/off
insert+ keyboard 4 toggle command keys on/off
insert + keyboard 5 report dynamic changes toggle on/off
insert +keyboard 6 carrot moves review cursor toggle on/off
insert + keyboard 7focus moves navigator object toggle on/off
insert + keyboard 8 automatically set system focus to focus able elements on/off

Three of these settings had been turned off.  I turned two of them back on and the problem went away.  The only one I don't have on is the speak command keys item.  That's a pain if it's on.

On 3/1/2020 8:19 PM, Gene wrote:
I can't tell what you are describing.  You can use either insert, the numpad insert or the other insert but you must use the keys on the numpad for hearing what we are discussing.

Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2020 6:58 PM

Hi Gene,

I am using a desktop PC.  I pressed the insert key and then keyboard
(not numpad) numbers on the top line of the keyboard numbers 2 through 8.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"