Re: NVDA synth setting not saving across different profiles

Quentin Christensen

Hi William,

I just tried having Microsoft Cathering OneCore as my default, setting up a profile and using Microsoft David for that.  If I set the profile to trigger based on program it works as expected, and if I manually activate and deactivate it, I also found it worked as expected.  Could you have changed the voice in your normal profile and not set a voice in your custom profile?  When you create a profile, only changes you make to settings while that profile is active are saved in the profile:

Assume your default voice is Microsoft David.  If you create Profile A, and increase the speech rate and punctuation.  Then create Profile B, and in Profile B set the voice to Microsoft Catherine.  When you go back to your normal profile, Microsoft David will be the voice.  If you then set the voice to Microsoft Zira in your normal profile, when you go to Profile B, it will still use Microsoft Catherine because that's what you set in that profile.  If you then go to Profile A, the voice will be Microsoft Zira, because it is inherited from the normal profile (but it will be faster and have different punctuation set because that's what you adjusted).

If that's not the issue, then yes if you could please write up exact steps to reproduce what you are experiencing, and if you could set your log level to debug, recreate the issue, then email a copy of the log to info@... we can have a look.  See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps for information on the log files.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 2:43 PM William Wong <sine.kazurin@...> wrote:
Hi,

NVDA 19.3.1

Windows 10 1903

According to the document:

Most settings can be changed in configuration profiles except for those
in the General category of the NVDA Settings dialog, which apply to the
entirety of NVDA.

However I found that some settings are not set based on specific profile.

voices of Windows onecore

1. I have a female American English voice set on main configuration.

2. I activate second profile

And I have a male British voice set

3. If I switch off second profile and go back to default profile, it
kept the male voice, and I have to manually switch back to the female
voice.

I would like to know if this is an issue.

If not, I would like to file a feature request on issue page.

Thanks,

William

--
Quentin Christensen