Re: Laptop acting weird?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

In a way its much like the long standing issue with nvda and outlook express where at some time of the systems own choosing most message bodies willnot be read and oe complains about things when you attempt to start a new message saying the original has not downloaded. This I understand is an outlook express issue with some screenreaders, it could well be something similar here.
always a reboot of either the software or both software and nevda fixes it till the next time it happens. Mightbe days or the next time you open the application or paart of windows.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2016 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Laptop acting weird?

I have come across this issue on windows 8.1, and not 10. By the way, file explorer works fine on win 10. The fix is not permanent, which means that it will not occur until it randomly decides to happen.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 6, 2016, at 8:42 PM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Are you saying it permanently fixed it or only for that one time? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 with NVDA installed and not reinstall it? I'm not talking about the upgrade. I'm talking about upgrading from some other version of Windows. It has been recommended that NVDA be reinstalled after upgrading. it solves problems. I haven't seen this problem discussed in that context but it still may apply.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2016 1:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Laptop acting weird?

Hi,
When you open the folder you have to work with, restart NVDA. That fixed this issue on my desktop computer.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 6, 2016, at 7:53 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks, having a strange problem.

When i try to access files in the downloads folder, or for any other folder, i can't see them.

Going into the downloads folder, i hear something about file explorer.

All i can see is the search box, and the Details, and large icons thing.

I no there's stuff in the folders, but i can't see them for some reason.

This just happens.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.