Re: NVDA Crashing while reading Word document

Cordelia Scharpf

I had this very same problem with Word documents some weeks ago. Now and then, I still run into such problems but cannot replicate a log.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Crashing while reading Word document

Thanks, Sarah,

I dont see any temp folder under NVDA menu.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Crashing while reading Word document

Go to the temp folder and look for I think nvda-old.log. You will ge ther ety typing %temp% in the run dialogue.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Mar 2020, at 12:02, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:

Hi, Quentin and team,

Apologies to you and to Sean for leaving the unrelated message attached in my previous email.

I am currently reading a straightforward Word document which involves some technical information and so I need to arrow back and forth to verify information. NVDA crashed a few times for no apparent reason. Then I found that when I used the "numpad 2" key to identify a character in the text, NVDA crashed. I had to restart NVDA each time. The document was not disturbed nor did I lose my position only NVDA seemed to suffer. When I restarted NVDA there was no longer an active log for the previous fault.

Question: Is there any way to trap the log after a crash?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.