Re: Changing speech rate not working

Quentin Christensen

To double check what Tyler suggested - if you press NVDA+1 to turn on "Input help", every key or set of keys you press gets read out (rather than doing whatever it normally does) - if you press an NVDA keystroke, such as NVDA+shift+control+down arrow, NVDA will read out the keys AND what function they do.  If your keyboard is only recognising some of the keys, it should read out something like CONTROL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW or NVDA+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW etc.

Press NVDA+1 to turn input help off again.

Note that you can also adjust speech settings such as rate from NVDA's settings screen.  Press NVDA+control+v to open the settings directly to the speech / voice settings and tab through that screen to the option you want to change.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:59 AM Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:
Try using caps lock instead of insert, or the other insert key.
Some keyboards aren't capable of registering certain combinations of
keys, and yours might be one of them.
If that doesn't work, you can always reassign the gesture.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager