Re: NVDA Crashing while reading Word document

Gene

Was it NVDA or the synthesizer?  It would be good to test with a different synthesizer as an easy way to see.

the log would, of course, be important but this may make it easier to figure out, and faster, what is or is probably going on.

Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Crashing while reading Word document

Hi, Quentin and team,
I am currently reading a straightforward Word document which involves some technical information and so I need to arrow back and forth to verify information. NVDA crashed a few times for no apparent reason. Then I found that when I used the "numpad 2" key to identify a character in the text, NVDA crashed. I had to restart NVDA each time. The document was not disturbed nor did I lose my position only NVDA seemed to suffer. When I restarted NVDA there was no longer an active log for the previous fault.

Question: Is there any way to trap the log after a crash?

All the best,

Cearbhall