Windows OCR and debug logging.

John Isige

Does Windows OCR show up in debug logging? I ask because I'm still encountering the situation where it pretty much does nothing. So I restarted with --disable-addons and --debug-logging to see if I could find out what it's doing. I opened Komplete Kontrol, because I knew it had a dialogue that opened, and hit NVDA-r to recognize said dialogue. Debug logging recorded the input gesture just fine, but the next two things it logged were NVDA speaking "recognizing" and "result". I was really surprised that there was no mention whatsoever of any sort of OCR process.

Alternatively, if anybody has an example of a place where OCR should absolutely work, I'd be happy to test it. It's really weird that it doesn't seem to recognize anything. It worked briefly when I posted about this a while back in an earlier version when I restarted without addons, and then it worked with addons, but then it just sort of stopped giving me useful results, and this has continued into 2019.3.1, Windows 1909. Everything I recognize just reads "blank", there's pretty much nothing there. I don't use OCR a lot, but I did actually use it to update firmware from Komplete Kontrol once, and since that's the dialogue that's come up, it would be nice to have it working again.