Re: is it possible to safe configuration profiles?

Hello,

Go to the "Start" menu. From the list of installed programs (the "All Programs" subgroup), go to the "NVDA" folder and expand it. In it find and activate the command "Explore NVDA user configuration directory". A folder will open. In it, find and open the folder named "profiles". In that folder are all of your NVDA configuration profiles. You can copy them and place them in the same folder (following the steps above) on another machine witch has NVDA installed. If the copy of NVDA to witch you want to copy the configuration profiles is a portable and not an installed one, the "Profiles" folder is located in the "userConfig" folder in the folder where is the main executable file of NVDA (nvda.exe).

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 7.8.2016 г. в 14:05, P. Otter написа:

hello brian,

i want to find the profile files i've made, and i want to copy them or import them in nvda on other 2 computers they allready run nvda install version.

but when i look at program files\nvda\systemconfig\profiles, the map is empty.

and now my question is, where can i find my self made profiles?

i don't find any of them.

i know, i can create a portable version but that is a portable version and not a install version.

in a portable version it is not possible to use the startup options.

and that's the reason to know where i can find the profiles.

cheers

paul otter

Op 7-8-2016 om 10:39 schreef Brian's Mail list account:
What happens if you use the make an installed copy from the portable copy, doe the profiles then get transferred to the new installed version?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2016 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] is it possible to safe configuration profiles?

ok, but it is'nt possible to safe the profiles to import them on my other machines?

i don't want to use a portable version on the other computers because there are less options on a portable version.

i've allready nvda installed on the other machines.

i only want to safe the profiles.

cheers and thanks.

paul otter

Op 6-8-2016 om 16:50 schreef Salva Doménech Miguel via Groups.io:
hi.
yep, you can save a NVDA Portable Version and install the portable version in the other computer and use the profiles.

Cheers
Salva

El 6 ago 2016, a las 16:02, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> escribió:

hello all,

is it possible to safe the made configuration profiles so that i can use it on other computers?

i've 3 computers working. on all of them nvda is running.

on one i've made some profiles, i want to use them on the other computers.

but when i look at program files\nvda\configuration\profiles, this map is empty.

what can i do to find and safe it on a stick to implement it on the other machines?

thanks in advance!

cheers

paul otter

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.