Change in CTRL+Backspace behavior in MS-Word, but not Notepad or Outlook

Konnie Ellis

Lately, when I hit the control+backspace keys to delete a word, NVDA does not announce the word I am deleting. Instead, it says “delete back word.”

I would much prefer that it says the word I am deleting, as it always has before.

I have also since tested this in Notepad, and in Outlook. Both of those are acting normally. They do not say “delete back word.”

If anyone can help me figure out how to set this back to normal in MS Word, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Konnie Ellis