Re: Change in CTRL+Backspace behavior in MS-Word, but not Notepad or Outlook

Konnie Ellis

Thanks. Just need to know how to turn off these notifications, and what wondering what other types of notifications I’ll be missing?

Konnie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Change in CTRL+Backspace behavior in MS-Word, but not Notepad or Outlook

Hi,

Ha, found the root cause: this is Word issue, not NVDA. In short, Word announces this, which NVDA picks up. The short-term solution is to block all sorts of announcements like this from Word, with the ideal solution being blocking only some messages.

Technical: UIA notification event problem.

I’ll comment on a potential fix on a GitHub issue Quentin has created.

Cheers,

Joseph