Re: Sentence nav: I can not read the previous sentence in some documents using notepad ++

Gene

Because, though I haven't used this specific program, I have observed that not using object navigation causes unexpected results that people wouldn't realize had anything to do with using screen rview.  In lists of files and folders, I have found that using screen review results in me hearing information spoken that doesn't reflect where I am.  I didn't say this is the cause of the problem.  I asked what review mode is being used in case it isn't object review.

From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Sentence nav: I can not read the previous sentence in some documents using notepad ++

Gene, why you answer to questions you are not familiarized?

Daniel, how big are the files you try to read in NotePad? I have tried with a 1MB file and it tooks between 1 and 2 seconds to start reading a sentence or phrase...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 11:35 de 07/03/2020, Daniel Damacena escreveu:

I am using pc cursor. There's no need to change it as far I can tell...

Thank you!

Em 07/03/2020 02:41, Gene escreveu:
Are you using object review or screen review or something else?  I have never used the add-on you are using but even so, be sure you are in object navigation unless the add-on explicitly says you should be in something else.

Sent: Friday, March 06, 2020 11:24 PM

Hi, folks!

There's something quite annoying going on here: when I try to read the
previous sentence on a document using notepad ++, it reads the current
sentence instead of reading the previous one.

Is there someone there having the same issue?

I tried to use notepad from windows, but sentence nav is too slow on it.
It takes about four seconds to read each sentence.

I have NVDA 2019.3.1 and last sentence nav's version available on githup.

Thank you so much!