New Computer- problems with NVDA response

Anna Givens

I posted this in the NVDA chat list, and was advised to post it here in the main list:

I just got a new computer. Ando had issues with the initial setup, like when the computer first turned on the very first time and it was asking me to get things set up, and it had voice already- I guess it was narrator, it would stop responding and had to keep restarting multiple times. And then when setup process was finished I have had the following issue. Not sure if I should contact someone, and if so who. Or is there something that is just related to NVDA or what.
Help and ideas are greatly appreciated. I got this computer through Walmart, by the way.

I am pasting the info of the computer I got. And hoping someone could help me figure out what to do. NVDA is installed and I have had problems. A lot of the time NVDA just doesn’t talk or it responds very very slowly, for example I press tab or down arrow on a website, or on desktop or wherever and after 7-8seconds it speaks next line or item...
also, when this happens I have only one application running, or it’s on desktop and have nothing open.
Ideas??

Here’s the computer-

Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor, 8GB Memory, 256GB Storage, Platinum Grey - 81FB00HKUS

Meet the Lenovo IdeaPad 330S. Thinner and lighter with narrow bezels for broader viewing, it boasts state-of-the-art processing and accelerated graphics performance. Featuring an AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core processor, Integrated Radeon Vega 8 graphics, 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (4GB OnBoard + 4GB DIMM) memory, and 256GB PCIe SSD internal storage, this powerful laptop has all the essentials you need to tackle your day. Its 15.6-inch HD IPS LED backlit anti-glare display and Dolby Audio Premium speakers ensure gorgeously sharp images and crystal-clear sound whether you're out at the office or relaxing at home. Plus, with a battery life of up to seven hours, you can take on a whole to-do list before you even need to think about finding the nearest outlet to plug into. Power through any task with ease on the Lenovo IdeaPad 330S.

Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor, 8GB Memory, 256GB Storage, Platinum Grey - 81FB00HKUS:

  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor
  • Display: 15.6" HD IPS LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display
  • Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (4GB OnBoard + 4GB DIMM)
  • Internal storage: 256GB PCIe SSD Storage
  • Graphics: Integrated Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
  • Optical Drive: None
  • Battery Life: Up to 7 Hours
  • Audio: 2 x 2W Speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
  • Wireless: 802.11AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 Combo
  • Webcam: Front-Facing HD Webcam with integrated dual array microphone
  • Product weight: 3.96 lbs
  • Color: Platinum Grey

Warnings
Arrow