Re: New Computer- problems with NVDA response

Jackie

Well, of course, 1 way to confirm or negate NVDA's role in all of this
is to not let it start up automatically & use Narrator instead.

The voice used does have an impact on the machine's responsiveness,
w/voices like Eloquence or ESpeak being considerably snappier than
1core or most other SAPI5 voices.

I'm just wondering if there's a chance that Windows Defender & Mcafee
are trying to run at the same time, which can *really* bugger up the
works totally.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 08:01 PM, Gene wrote:

But in this case, would that violate the warranty in case there is
something wrong with the machine?
I can't speak to that.  Some it would, some it wouldn't.

In any case, for about the first 30 days (give or take) I rely upon the
retailer taking a return for a defective machine.

When I originally suggested this be taken here to the NVDA main forum, the
information available made it sound like the crankiness was limited to
NVDA.  If it's broader than just NVDA, that's really pointing to something
else entirely.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna