Re: New Computer- problems with NVDA response

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 12:07 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:
So my guess would probably be that it's something crazy in the operating system that's making things nuts.
If this were the case then the issue would be virtually universal, but it's not, and it's not even close.  There definitely appears to be something afoot with NVDA and a small subset of machines running Windows 10, but it's not even clear whether it's for the same Version and Build of Windows 10.

Until and unless the problem were to become far more widespread, and were to be on a single Version of Windows 10, the probability of it being a global issue with the operating system is very, very small.

But I come back to the fact that no new machine should be exhibiting sluggishness and peculiar behaviors with an array of programs, and from what's been offered so far that seems to be the case.  In those circumstances, if you're within your window allowing returns of the hardware, that's the wisest course of action.  There are lemons in the computer world just like in the automotive world and if you have the opportunity to get rid of one it's far preferable to trying to "make lemonade."

       ~ Madonna