Re: New Computer- problems with NVDA response

Mcafee and norton can be good products at least they are supposed to.

But like avast it comes with everything.

Usually when I get a system to service, if its slow and I find mcafee the first thing I do is reformat and reinstall fresh, its the only way to get rid of it completely.

I havn't had a good luck with things like this.

With all the false alarms about, sadly the features the blind need are.

1.  its accessible and 2.  its easy to exclude things.

If it by chance is good at scanning and removing threats its a bonus, however I have a hard job making these programs leave me alone.

On 10/03/2020 10:38 am, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,   I use to go out to fix computers for RNIB,   my heart sinks when I hear about this Av Product.   if You can get a a refund and get rid it used to be hard to remove as well. good luck.

On 08/03/2020 23:48, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 05:36 PM, Anna Givens wrote:

    I just bought the subscription for McAfee, so not wanting to take it
    off. Why would I need to?

And if they give you 30 days to turn it back in, my recommendation is that you do.  Over the last several years there have been multiple, and sometimes repeated for a given brand, issues with 3rd party security suites and Windows 10. Windows Defender, as implemented under Windows 8 and 10, lands in the top tier of security suites consistently, and is more than just adequate protection.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

        ~ Madonna