locked Re: Add-on Updater 20.03 #addonrelease

molly the blind tech lover

This coronavirus is scary.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2020 5:50 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Add-on Updater 20.03 #AddonRelease

Hello all,

First, as Coronavirus is gripping the world, please wash your hands, heed travel advisories, and check and double-check information floating around the internet.

Add-on Updater 20.03 is on its way – this important (and mandatory) add-on release will show up for all NVDA users within the next 24 hours. Changes include:

  • NVDA 2019.3 or later is required.
  • NVDA itself will check compatibility range, not the add-on.

As I announced a few weeks ago, with Add-on Updater 20.03, all my add-ons I’m currently maintaining have graduated to Python 3 – all my add-ons will now require NVDA 2019.3 or later. As such, once Add-on Updater 20.03 shows up, old Python 2 versions of my add-ons will be removed from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph