Re: NVDA Slowing to a Crawl again in Thunderbird

Gene

I don't know what is causing the problem but if you are reading mail as HTML, reading it as plain text may solve the problem.

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Slowing to a Crawl again in Thunderbird

Is it possible that the part of the email you are reading is when in reply mode and it is the info from the senders' part?  I have found that Thunderbird puts this in a table and that table is read extremely slowly.  I avoid reading this info while composing a reply  at all costs.

Dan Beaver

On 3/12/2020 6:17 PM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I wrote about this problem maybe a month ago, but it  cleared up on its own.  .  It is now back again in full force. In Thunderbird, the keyboard barely works at all.  Trying to arrow down to read an email line--by-line if excruciatingly slow. Several seconds pass before NVDA reacts.  I switched to a version of Jaws that is a few years old, just to see if the same thing happened, but Jaws worked fine.  I don't know how this problem resolved itself last time, but it needs to be resolved again.  Any ideas?

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)